For growing Brine Shrimp in Aquarium, follow the steps below to achieve the best results.
Step 1 - Water treatment
- Pour 0.8 Quarts / 750 Milliliters of bottled water into a bowl.
- Add the sachet of the water purifier and steer thoroughly until the water is clear.
- Pour the water into the Brine Shrimp Aquarium.
- Add additional 0.8 Quarts / 750 Milliliters of bottled water and close the lid of the Brine Shrimp aquarium, wait for 24 hours.
Step 2 - Adding Seatures™ eggs
- Add the Seatures™ eggs to the tank and steer gently
- Place the Seatures tank in a warm place to expedite the hatching process.
- A temperature of 82°F (28°C) is optimal for the hatching phase.
Step 3 - Hatching
- The Brine Shrimp eggs will gradually hatch within 24- 48 hours; some may hatch within 72 hours. Keeping the aquarium in a warm place will expedite the hatching of the eggs.
- Hatched Brine Shrimp eggs will float and should be filtered out of the water using a small net.
Step 4 - Feeding
- Brine Shrimp require a tiny quantity of food, starting from the 3rd day of hatching (watch video)
- Add a few grains of the supplied Seatures™ food sachet every 2-3 days to keep them healthy and happy; overfeeding will harm them.
- As a rule of thumb, clear water is an excellent sign to feed them, while cloudy water means that there's still food for them to eat.
Step 5 - Keeping your Seatures Healthy and Happy
- Keep the Brine Shrimp Aquarium in a ventilated room, away from direct sun or heating sources.
- Add bottled water occasionally to keep the water level high as water vaporizes with time. Remember that Brine Shrimp live in a salty environment, so add 1 2/3 tablespoons of salt to every quart of bottled water
- For best results, aerate the water every two to three days a week using a pipette (watch video)
- Adding more Brine Shrimp to the aquarium is highly recommended for keeping the life cycle active and dynamic (watch video)